Fashion's World
I asked myself: What are we doing here? How did we get here? Is this what fashion is about? Are we acting true to our ethos or simply following along on a track that has been bound toward derailment for years? And then I endeavored to answer this question: What’s the point of fashion? Does fashion have anything to do with it? Have we conflated the two?
Fashion is so much more than just clothing for the people. As Diana Vreeland famously said: “Fashion must be the most intoxicating release from the banality of the world.”
After watching some of the documentaries ,read some of the articles i will share my opinions on the question: What’s fashion?
Fashion, to me, represents life. When I wear something that makes me feel more…creative, more interesting, stronger, complicated — that’s when I feel the most alive, the most engaged with the world. The purpose of fashion can be as simple as: You need clothing to maneuver in the world. Forget fashion as trend, think fashion and clothing as necessity. You need a pair of pants, a shirt, shoes to go on.
The term
‘fast fashion’ has become quite the buzz word from last few years, so in this
post, I’m going to be taking a look at the history of the term, where it came
from, what it means, how you can avoid it, and why you should.
What exactly is fast fashion?
Fast fashion typically refers to inexpensive clothing produced quickly by large retailers to keep up with ever changing trends.
I have highlighted three words Inexpensive ,Quickly and Changing Trends these are the key ingredients of fast fashion. I have never thought why fast fashion is so cheap?
I thought about that T-shirt which is for Rs 499. Could the raw materials have been grown sustainably? Could the person who sewed it have been paid a living wage? When we look through the supply chain enormous problems begin to emerge.
Fast fashion is cheap because brands are exploiting people and the planet!
- The environmental impact
- The human rights issues.

This also ties up with the concept of minimalism...well written article
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood comprehension! Money we pay for a cheap dress is not the only price we pay, somewhere someone else is paying much more because of inexpensive mindless consumerism. High time to act
ReplyDeleteThe videos attached are really eye opening. Only if we all knew about mindless consumerism and fast fashion, half of these problems just would not be there.
ReplyDeleteTruly said !! we need to understand the purpose of fashion. Fashion is not meant to follow trend, buy new stuffs daily, buying mindlessly. It should be restricted as a basic need. What we need, we should buy just that. "Less is More"
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Fast fashion allows mainstream consumers to purchase trendy clothing at an affordable price which is eventually leading to bad impact on our environment.
ReplyDelete